The game changing Ubuntu 11.04 is now available for download [download links below]. Muktware Manual Project has created a very comprehensive guide to help users in installing or upgrading to the latest version of Ubuntu. The guide has special focus on Windows users.
We will also be publishing a series of articles and videos to help you know more about Ubuntu 11.04 and Unity.
Ubuntu 11.04 Manual is the only guide which will help users to migrate from Windows, or upgrade from older versions of Ubuntu, to Ubuntu 11.04 with greater ease. We have divided this manual in various chapters so that it is easier for you to install or manage Ubuntu with greater ease.
Table of Content
- Introduction To Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty Narwhal) Manual
- What is Live Ubuntu?
- Ubuntu 11.04: Pre Installation Requirements
- Getting Ubuntu 11.04
- Getting Ubuntu 11.04 Via Direct Download, Bittorrent
- Getting Ubuntu 11.04 Via Bittorrent On Windows
- Create Live CD, DVD Of Ubuntu 11.04
- Create Ubuntu 11.04 Live CD/DVD Using Windows
- Create Ubuntu 11.04 LiveUSB On Linux
- Create Ubuntu LiveUSB using Windows
- How To Boot Live Ubuntu 11.04
- Installing Ubuntu 11.04
- Fresh Install Of Ubuntu 11.04
- Dual Boot Ubuntu 11.04 Installation
- Upgrade To Ubuntu 11.04
- Setting Up Network In Ubuntu 11.04
- Mobile Broadband Set-up In Ubuntu 11.04
- Setting Up Repositories In Ubuntu 11.04
- Install Proprietary Software, Codecs In Ubuntu 11.04
- How To Install, Remove Applications In Ubuntu 11.04
1. Direct download: This method will use your web-browser to download the operating system. Click on the preferred link and save the file.
If you don't have a very good Internet connection, or if you think that you may have to stop download and resume again, you should consider the Bittorrent method. Bittorrents download the files in small packages so when you stop the download and restart again, it resumes from where it left.
2. Bittorrent (GNU/Linux user): If you are using a GNU/Linux system you can use any of the pre-installed bittorrent clients, such as Transmission to download Ubuntu.
Click on the preferred version of Ubuntu and it will give you the option to open with Transmission. Click OK and start downloading the file.