VideoLAN foundation has released a new version of VLC media player. This version has come with several bug and stability fixes. The detailed changelog has been given below:
• Playback synchronization with PulseAudio has been vastly improved;
• Numerous DVD (dvdnav) crashes have been repaired;
• HTTP playback through proxy has been repaired;
• Support for Opus decoding via libopus, including multi-channel files, has been added;
• Issues in Ogg with zero length packets have been fixed;
• Support for YouTube live streams has been added, finally;
• A few crashes that occurred when opening audio effects dialog, with skins and playlist, have been fixed;
• Various crashes and small issues including bookmarks, playlist, buttons, streaming wizard, video size, hotkeys and fullscreen controller, have been fixed;
• An option has been added to Audio Effects panel, to activate the Karaoke filter;
• Blu-Ray and HLS support has been improved.
It will take sometime for this release to arrive in repos. You can download the latest release from here.