Alexandre Julliard has announced a new release of Wine(WIne Not Emulator). Like previous versions, this is a development release (which most users would like to test out). A lot of bugs have been fixed and this release also has the following new features:
- Client-side window rendering using the DIB engine.
- Raw input support for keyboard and mouse.
- Support for transparent window areas using color keying.
- Proper C++ RTTI support on 64-bit.
- Implementation of logical processor information.
- Support for fonts with localized names.
To install Wine in Ubuntu, open terminal and type:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wine1.5