The Mozilla Foundation has released a new version of the popular and free browser, Firefox. Firefox 15 comes with major changes that will make the browser more lightweight and prevent memory leaks. Also, this version features other major changes like:
- Support for new Opus audio format
- Silent updates
- Support for SPDY networking protocol v3.
- Several WebGL enhancements that will make the experience of playing 3D games better.
- The audio and video elements now support the played attribute
- The source element now supports the media attribute
- Focus rings keep growing when repeatedly tabbing through elements
The updates have not arrived at Ubuntu repositories yet. However, you can install the latest version from a PPA with the help of following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-mozilla-security/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install firefox