The Wine team has announced the release of version 1.5.11 which features a host of bug fixes and better support for a lot of applications and games. The changes are summarized below:
- Multi-channel support in the ALSA driver.
- Removal of the big X11 lock.
- Support for pair positioning adjustments in Uniscribe.
- More I/O stream implementations in the C++ runtime.
Some of the application fixes are:
Graphical corruptions in Sim City 4
- Starlancer crashes with force feedback enabled
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R: sky not redrawn correctly with dynamic lighting
- Steam version of Need for speed undercover crashes if you click on it.
- Fallout 3: childbirth scene halts after every (second) line of dialogue, preventing new game
- Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands won’t start without native d3dx9_36
- Error: starcraft ii.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic crashes after first location
- Team Fortress 2 – Pyromania update locks up screen
- DotA 2: overbright/broken lighting effects
- Outlook 2010 crashes on calender alerts
- msvcp100 missing _J versions of several functions
- Game Controllers Panel looks weird when dpi is higher than 96 ppp.
- GeForce GT 630M (with Bumblebee) is not properly recognized
To install the latest Wine in your Ubuntu based PCs, open terminal and type:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wine1.5