KDE music player and organizer Amarok has got a new stable release. The version 2.6 comes with improved support for IPod, IPad and IPhone support. Some of the major changes in this release are:
- Complete overhaul of IPod, IPhone and IPad devices including support for playlists.
- Transcoding support for IPod like devices.
- Free Music Chart service activated by default.
- Embedded Cover support for Ogg and Flac files.
- Album art support for tracks.
- Numerous bug fixes.
Codenamed “In Dulci Jubilo”, this version can be downloaded from this page. For the time being, only sources are available. Windows and Linux binaries will be released in the upcoming weeks.