The Document Foundation
has released the free and feature packed office suite LibreOffce 3.6. This release comes with many bug fixes that further enhances stability and responsiveness of the application. Some of the new features of this release are:
- Support for color scales and data bars. Import from .xlsx and import/export from/to .ods in ODF 1.2 (extended).
- Added Word Count to status bar.
- PDF Export with Watermark option.
- 10 new Impress master pages
- Support for importing Office SmartArt
- Import Filter for Corel Draw documents
The builds are yet to appear in distro repos, but you can install it by adding a PPA in your Ubuntu
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/libreoffice-prereleases
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libreoffice