Gnome 3.6 is going to be released soon and the developers are working hard to make this the best Gnome release ever. One of the apps that desperately needed and upgrade was Gnome Disk Utility. Luckily, one may find some great changes of Gnome Disk Utility in Gnome 3.6.
- New configuration dialog for power management in ATA disks.
- Disks app shows a Zzz icon if a disk is in standby mode.
- New ways to erase disks securely by filling it with zeros.
- Long running jobs displayed in Disk UI and user has the ability to cancel them.
- Disk Image mounter app for mounting disk images.
- Benchmark feature back in Disks.
- Gnome Disk Utility use udisk in the backend which has got some enhancements as well.