The Amarok team have released a new release candidate for Amarok, Amarok 2.5.96. This is a test version and will be succeeded by Amarok 2.6 scheduled to be released soon. This version has been enhanced from Amarok 2.6 Beta 1 and contains almost 20 bug fixes and several new features.
Some of the key changes are:
- Playback improvements in both GStreamer and VLC backends.
- Track stats are never lost
- Show all audio and video files in file browser. (BR 303253)
- Remove codec install support. It's long ago been implemented in phonon.
- Prevent lags with large Saved playlists. (BR 301700)
- Increase minimal required ffmpeg version up to 0.7.
- Use audio-x-generic icon for bit rate, not a generic one. (BR 302753)
- Add Amarok.Playlist.playMediaList() script bindings for API symmetry.
- Building the spectrum analyzer applet can now be disabled with a CMake argument.
You can download the sources or wait for someone to package it for your distro.