A few days ago we reported the beta release of Calligra 2.5, today, the Calligra team has released a new version in their stable branch.
For those who are curious, Calligra is a suite of full featured applications containing office and art software for the K Desktop Environment. The suite features office softwares like Words for text-processing, Sheets for spreadsheet computation, Stage for making presentations, Plan for planning, Flow for flowcharts and Kexi for database creation. Also this suite has some wonderful graphics software like Krita for painting and raster drawing and Karbon for vector graphics.
The new version features numerous bug-fixes which are grouped below by application:
- Always show vertical scroll bar to avoid race condition (BUG: 301076)
- Do not save with an attribute that makes LibreOffice and OpenOffice crash (BUG: 298689)
- Fixed import from csv when “Start at Line” value changed (BUG: 302209)
- Set limit to 255 characters for Text type (VARCHAR) (BUG: 301277 and 301136)
- Remove limits for Text data type, leave as option (BUG:301277)
- Fixed data saving when focus policy for one of widgets is NoFocus (BUG: 301109)
- Read and set the resolution for psd images
- fix load/save styles of all shapes (title,subtitle,axistitles,footer,etc.)
- Lines in the chart should be displayed (BUG: 271771)
- Combined Bar and Line Charts only show bars (Trendlines not supported) (BUG:288537)
- load/save chart type for each dataset (BUG: 271771 and 288537)
The latest version of Calligra should be available in the repos of your distribution.