The rumor has it that Google will be announcing its first Nexus branded tablet at the I/O event this week. Gizmodo got hold of some images of the tablet.
The tablet is rumored to be running Jelly Beans 4.1, powered by Nvidia quad-core Tegra 3 processor and a 1.2MP front facing camera. It is exceptive to feature NFC, 8GB to 16GB of storage and a 1280 x 800 IPS-based LCD. We also noticed a case for the tablet on Amazon.com
Expected specs of Nexus Tablet are:
- 7-inch IPS display with a resolution of 1280x800 and a 178-degree viewing angle
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 1.3Ghz quad-core Tegra 3 processor
- nVidia GeForce 12-core GPU
- 1GB of RAM
- 8GB or 16GB of internal storage
- 1.2 MP front-facing camera, no rear camera
- NFC with Google Wallet
- Android Beam
- Battery life estimated at 9 hours
The tablet is expected to be priced at $199 to compete with Amazon's Kindle Fire which is totally locked into Amazon's eco-system so Nexus Tablet will offer a great tablet experience at this price point.
Coming back to the image grabbed by Gizmodo, do you think its fake or is this the Nexus Tablet that Google may be announcing at I/O event.