The Open Source Initiative (OSI) Board has announced that five significant organizations have been granted Affiliate Membership of the organization, including the first User Group.
The new members include:
- AFUL, Association Francophone des Utilisateurs de Logiciels Libres (French speaking Libre Software Users' Association)
- The Document Foundation, home to the LibreOffice community
- The OuterCurve Foundation, working to enable the exchange of code and understanding among software companies and open source communities
- OW2, the open source community for infrastructure software
- The Wikimedia Foundation, which operates some of the largest collaboratively edited reference projects in the world, including Wikipedia, a top-ten Internet property.
The organization also announced that the Affiliate Membership is now open to applications from any eligible open source group.