Tabletop Simulator, the very uncommon physics sandbox game that deals with the accurate simulation of a table top, is now available on Steam Early Access. The game has been creating quite a few ripples ever since its announcement. The game started its journey on Kickstarter which it quite successfully completed and is now headed for a full release on Steam.
The game is basically a sandbox with the sole purpose of simulating all kinds of possible table top physics. Now the interesting part of the game is that it is kind of a blank table top over which users can put up any game that they fancy. Once set, the game can be played just like in the real world moving around the pieces as if on a real world. But the interesting part is that, just like in the real world, should you decide, you can rage flip the table, throw the pieces at your opponent or just push the table over!
The game has support for many popular table games, from chess to dominoes. There is also an RPG kit built in with various animated figurines to use in the game along with an RPG board, Dungeon tileset and character sheets. The game allows the user to create their own game by importing 3D models and custom pictures to custom design their own games. The game has support for Oculus Rift and CastAR too. It is currently available at a 20% discounted price of $11.99 till the 25th of April.
Some of the Key Features of the game are:
- Online sandbox playground that you play how you want.
- Unlimited games thanks to sandbox, no rules design.
- Multiplayer physics with objects that collide and interact just how you would expect.
- Create your own custom mods and play with your friends.
- Play just like you do in real life; pick up, rotate, shake, and throw any object.
- Up to 8 people can play together on the same table & talk on in-game voice chat.
- The perfect “game night” fun due to seamless game loading & saving.
- Tons of pre-made game modes with the option to make your own games.
- Great admin tools to eliminate griefing in public games.
- Multiple 360° panoramic backgrounds that change the mood.
- Included game modes: Backgammon, Cards, Chess, Checkers, Chinese Checkers, Custom, Dice, Dominoes, Go, Mahjong, Pachisi, Piecepack, Poker, Reversi, RPG Kit, Sandbox, Solitaire
I, for one, can’t wait to play Monopoly on this one and throw cash at my opponent when I dominate them!