So after a bit of a hiatus with games, the main Humble Bundle is back again with more cross platform goodies to keep you happy till the next Humble Bundle hits. This bundle has been dubbed the PC & Android Bundle 9. The said bundle starts off with six games available cross platform, with a promise to add more to the bundle, which generally is almost always more than a couple of games.
The games included in this bundle are the excellent adventure game Broken Sword 2: Smoking Mirror, a construction simulator called Bridge Constructor, a queer little game called Type: Rider, a great looking RPG called Ravensword: Shadowlands, a tower defense game Kingdom Rush and finally a retro, turn based RPG Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition. The first four games are available for a minimum price of $1 while the latter two, Kingdom Rush & Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition being available to anyone willing to pay above the average price, which at the time of writing this article is $3.82. So you get are getting a minimum of six games by paying a minimum of $3.82. With the promise of adding more games to the bundle, people who pay above the average price of the bundle are eligible to receive those games as and when they become available in the future. All the games are cross platform and are DRM free. With the exception of Broken Sword 2, all the games are playable natively playable on Linux too. Though Broken Sword can be played on Linux using Wine, so one game shouldn’t be keeping you from getting this bundle as either way you CAN play the game on Linux. Also, as an added bonus, all of the games are unlock able on Android, so you can take your gaming progress with you on the go.
As usual the amount to be paid can be decided by the user as is the way the amount will be split among either the developers, charity or the Humble Bundle Team. The charity includes Child’s Play and the Electronic Frontier Foundation. At the time of writing, the total bundles sold number at 105,361 raising a total of $402,520.26, which brings the average price of each bundle to $3.82.
- Broken Sword 2: Smoking Mirror: Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror is a stunning update to the multimillion-selling original. While investigating a ruthless drug gang, journalist Nico Collard unexpectedly comes across an ancient artifact. Little can she know that the ornately carved obsidian stone will lead her, and her adventuring companion George Stobbart, into a mysterious escapade of intrigue and deceit, in which they must overcome powerful forces and antagonists who will stop at nothing to fulfil their evil ambitions. Torment and terror, sacrificial rituals and bloody massacre are unearthed beneath a veil of Mayan mystery. Kidnappings, stolen treasure, astronomy and a deadly drug baron are the least of the duo’s worries, as divine forces threaten to annihilate mankind! Nerve, cunning and guile are essential in order to conquer in this compelling adventure, guaranteed to leave you with an aching brain and a beating heart. The game does not have native Linux support, but is playable on Linux using Wine
- Bridge Constructor: Get on the drawing board and set your imagination and creativity free! Become an acclaimed bridge engineer and architect in Bridge Constructor. Create and design your own constructions and watch the cars and trucks pass over them – or see them fall and crash while your inferior creations collapse due to weight and the laws of physics! Progress through numerous levels and build bridges over deep valleys, canals or rivers. Stress tests reveal whether the bridge you build can withstand the daily stress of continual use from cars and trucks. Choose between a range of materials for each individual bridge, such as wood, steel, cables or concrete pillars. Use the appropriate materials and stay within budget to build the perfect bridge. The choice of materials enables you to build each bridge in almost infinite variety – your budget is the only limit.
- Type: Rider: Type:Rider is a game which aims to explore typography through an interactive and transmedia experience. Immerse yourself in this fascinating and unique experience to uncover the history and secrets of fonts and characters! Play as two dots and travel through the ages of typographic styles and techniques. From the rock paintings of prehistoric times to pixel art of the 2000s, solve all the riddles by riding the most popular fonts and characters (Garamond, Helvetica, Times New Roman, Pixel, Comic Sans, etc.) in a very captivating musical and visual environment.
- Ravensword: Shadowlands: Ravensword is an action RPG set in a beautiful looking and detailed game world, in which you get to fight a variety of monsters, all the while forging your own destiny. You’ve miraculously survived a war in the action RPG Ravensword: Shadowlands, and now it’s up to you to save the world. Explore a world of stunning visuals and landscapes and face off against everything from grotesque trolls to prehistoric dinosaurs. The fate of the Kingdom of Tyreas rests on your shoulders.
- Kingdom Rush: Get ready for an epic journey to defend your kingdom against hordes of orcs, trolls, evil wizards and other nasty fiends using a vast arsenal of towers and spells at your command! Fight on forests, mountains and wastelands, customizing your defensive strategy with different tower upgrades and specializations! Rain fire upon your enemies, summon reinforcements, command your troops, recruit elven warriors and face legendary monsters on a quest to save the Kingdom from the forces of darkness!
- Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition: The Pen & Paper world needs you! Set out on a grand adventure in this turn-based, retro style, pixel-art RPG, inspired by the great titles of the 90s. Take on the roles of in-game players taking on the roles of their characters in a traditional pen and paper RPG session in the ultimate meta roleplaying experience. As both the playing characters AND the game master, players can choose which battles to fight. Put together a bunch of monsters to make for a challenging fight and your efforts will be equally rewarded! Choose from multiple classes, such as knights and mages, pick your characters to control those classes, like grandma or kid brother, and take on the loads of quests, monsters, items and equipment littered throughout Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition. Blacksmiths, enchanters, mining, gathering, hidden treasures and a whole lot more waits, giving players a lot of room to personalize their gameplay experience.
The bundle is available for a total of 10 more days, so better whip out that wallet and go get yourself a bundle of happiness!
Source: Humble Bundle