After being held up in legal battles, that neither dropped valuable loots nor were fun for many days, Baldur’s Gate emerges victorious. Yes, fellow classic gamers, your beloved Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition is now available on Android for you to play and carry along with you as you sculpt your destiny in one of the legendary Role Playing Games of yore! The polished game for the newer generation of hardware is available for purchase and downloads from the Play Store for your Android devices for $9.99.
Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition was tangled up in legal suits that prevented it from being released on Android and finally after a long wait, it seemed to have rolled a favourable number that has allowed it to land up on Android. Though the hardware available to mobile platforms nowadays is more than enough for the mobile devices to run the game, the game still has a few kinks. Although the developers did a great job in bringing the game up-to-date on the mobile platforms some things still remain. Like the transition from a mouse-based interface to a touchscreen one, isn’t, let’s just say, smooth. So for people, who consider it to be a glorious reminder of the golden days of gaming when games used to come on multiple discs and were hard enough to feel a sense of achievement at the end, might do so with a pinch of salt.
The game, however, doesn’t skimp on content and brings the original 60-hour-plus gameplay in its entirety. In addition, the game also comes with all of its expansion packs too along with many new updated improvements,
- Tales of the Sword Coast: Explore the fabled Durlag’s Tower and more locations from the original Baldur’s Gate expansion.
- The Black Pits: You have been captured and forced to fight in Baeloth’s marvelous arena. A myriad of monsters await, as well as countless other adventurers who face the same fate. Maim, murder, and maul your way to freedom… if you can!
- Discover countless improvements we’ve made to the original game, including high-resolution fonts, an improved interface, dynamic zooming, and more!
In addition to the above expansions, for players looking for an even more complete experience, there are additional contents, basically quests regarding specific characters, also available that can be purchased separately for the game. They are:
- Brothers Lost: Lend your aid to Rasaad yn Bashir, the Sun Soul monk, as he scours the Cloud Peaks in search of his lost brother.
- Neera and the Red Wizards: Save the wild mage Neera from the cruel machinations of Thay’s dreaded Red Wizards.
- Path of the Bloodied: Join the blackguard Dorn Il-Khan in taking revenge against those who betrayed him in Luskan.
- Gallery of Heroes: Reimagine your character with eleven never-before-seen character portraits from acclaimed Icewind Dale artist Jason Manley!
- New professionally recorded voice sets to choose from to further customize your character.
Overall, quite a good way to spend $10, even if you have played the games. But if you haven’t, well, in that case it’s a must buy if you want to experience how true RPGs were and how they were meant to be.
Source: Play Store
You must log in to post a comment