Steam for Linux gets better support for game tracking
Valve Software has pushed a new beta of its Steam for Linux client which brings some new features and bug fixes.
One of the most notable features added to the beta is better tracking of games that use an intermediate launcher under Linux. If you are running beta, you will get notified to update your system.
- Are you a blogger? Now you can make money from Muktware....check it out: Muktware's Bloggers Network
Other changes that come with beta include:
- Added overall network activity graph to downloads page
- Fixed Microphone selection not updating when changed in the settings dialog under Mac OS X
- Fixed failing to run a game if it had a very long optional command and triggered the warning dialog
In the Big Picture mode the improvements include:
- Improved transition when launching a game
- Added a RESET option when configuring a game controller
- Fixed screensaver not enabling sometimes when a game controller was being used
- Fixed errors when refreshing your steam login