Participatory Culture Foundation, aka PCF, has updated the Open Source transcoding application Miro Video Converter to version 3.0.
The new version adds many new and useful features such as:
- Batch Processing
- More devices and output formats
- Better control for output size and aspect ratio
- Output of progressive MP4 files for web playback
- Improved WebM output quality with SD and HD options
- Thumbnail generation
- Some additional output options for video developers
Miro Video Converter also gets a brand new UI. The app is available for Mac, Windows and Linux. It supports a very huge file formats and also makes it easier for Android users through some pre-sets.
So you don’t need to buy those non-free video converters, just grab Miro video converter from the site.