ChromeBook and ChromeBox users on Beta track must immediately check their settings, the Chrome OS Beta channel has been updated to version 29.0.1537.32. The new updated brings with it bug fixes, security patches and several new features and improvements. The update will be rolling out to all the devices over next few days.
The most noticeable change is the move to kernel 3.8 onn the Pixel and Samsung 550, which gives the users more options and features. Apparently the updated kernel will allow more battery life on these two Intel powered devices.
According to the Chrome Release Blog following are the major changes that has been brought to Chrome OS.
- Kernel 3.8 landed on Pixel and Samsung 550.
- New “immersive” mode – hit the fullscreen button to hide the toolbar and shelf and until you hover at the top for a more immersive browsing experience
- Pin apps to the shelf using Drag and Drop from the Launcher
- Consumer Kiosk Mode allows you to build your own Chrome OS powered kiosk
- Default wallpaper selection will sync across all your devices
- Monitor Scaling allows you to scale the UI
- Two-finger history navigation
- App launcher Search just got cleverer
- It will dynamically learn what you search for
- Apps are more prominent
- It will search within the web store if no matching app is installed.