Linus Torvalds will be on keynote panel at LinuxCon
The Linux Foundation has announced the schedule and program for LinuxCon and CloudOpen North America events which take place in New Orleans, La., September 16-18, 2013.
This year LinuxCon is joining hands with Linux Plumbers Conference brining the two events together under the same roof. It means there will be more technical content “focused on core development, offering even the highest-level developers the opportunity to gain valuable knowledge.”
- Are you a blogger? Now you can make money from Muktware....check it out: Muktware's Bloggers Network
Linus Torvalds, the creator of Linux will deliver a keynote and will be joined by Google’s Chris DiBona and TED fellow and artist Candy Chang. Also confirmed to keynote are HP’s Brian Aker, OpenStack’s Jonathan Bryce, Wired Magazine’s Kevin Kelly, Valve’s Gabe Newell, Intel’s Dirk Hohndel, Raspberry Pi’s Eben Upton and The Linux Foundation’s Jim Zemlin.
Here is a glimpse of the events:
LinuxCon North America
· High Availability Solutions for MySQL and MariaDB, presented by Max Mether, SkySQL
· Tux3 Progress Report: Towards a new general purpose filesystem for Linux, by Daniel Phillips, Samsung
· Stop Touching my Kernel Code! By Sasha Levin, Principal Software Engineer at Oracle
· LLVM Linux: The Linux Kernel with Dragon Wings, presented by Behan Webster, Converse in Code, Inc.
CloudOpen North America
· QEMU 2.x and Beyond: The Foundation of the Open Cloud, presented by Anthony Liguori, Open Virtualization Development Lead at IBM Linux Technology Center
· Lessons Learned Building a Hybrid Cloud Service, by Noa Resare, Senior Engineer at Spotify
· Google App Engine in Open Source, by Chandra Krintz, CTO at AppScale Systems
· Building a Secure Cloud, presented by Matthew Garrett, Nebula.
There will be more than 140 sessions and keynotes and co-located events that include a Gluster Workshop, Linux Security Summit, Linux Plumbers Conference, Linux Wireless Summit, UEFI Plugfest and the Xen Project User Summit, LinuxCon and CloudOpen will host the largest collection of technology talent in North America. CloudOpen is the only technical conference that focuses on the open cloud and those projects that comprise it all in one place, including CloudStack, Ceph, Chef, Gluster, KVM, OpenStack, Puppet, SaltStack, Xen Project and more.