HTC One customers will be rejoiced to know that their Smartphone is going get an OTA update to Android 4.2.2 soon, and if you are in Taiwan you might already have the update available. A HTC One (International Model) user in Taiwan reported that Android 4.2.2 update has arrived for his phone.
One of the prime complaints regarding the previous firmware on HTC One was the a black bar which appeared when users executed apps that were not optimised for the new Android style. Thankfully HTC has made some changes and now the black bar is gone for good.
- Are you a blogger? Now you can make money from Muktware....check it out: Muktware's Bloggers Network
The following are the known changes after the Android 4.2.2 update on HTC One:
- Launcher bar enhancement
- Widget panel rearrangement
- New lock screen style and widget
- Enhanced behaviour of the home button
- The death of the black bar
- Battery percentage in the status bar
- Quick settings
- AE/AF enhancements in the camera
There is no official change log available from HTC yet, but the above change list should address the problems HTC One users have been griping about. Taiwan being the hometown of HTC has always been the first to receive the updates, before rest of the world gets. We haven no information when carrier version will get the update.