KDE office and productivity suite Calligra has been updated to a new beta version. Among tons of bug fixes, this version also includes some new features and stability enhancements. As the 2.6 branch has been merged, no more new features will be added to this release, and only some major bugs will be fixed.
From the official announcement:
- Are you a blogger? Now you can make money from Muktware....check it out: Muktware's Bloggers Network
The Calligra team is proud and pleased to announce the beta release of version 2.6 of the Calligra Suite. This means that the calligra/2.6 branch has been created and from now on Calligra 2.6 will only see bufixes but no new features. The final release of 2.6 is planned within a month.
Some of the new features added per application basis has been given below:
- Plan – includes updated scheduling information, improved scheduling granularity, improved performance charts, improved project creation, improved usability in the report generator and many bug fixes.
- Kexi – overwriting objects with the same name is now possible.
- In general, better compatibility with OpenDocument formats has been enhanced, which guarantees better portability of Calligra documents.
- Calligra Active, the tablet version of Calligra, has new preview for text documents, a new text search feature for all 3 document formats, support for translations, a simplified UI and a few bugfixes.