We are a community of technologists, designers, writers and advocates who work to ensure freedom for all people through our software.
- Are you a blogger? Now you can make money from Muktware....check it out: Muktware's Bloggers Network
Citing the benefits of a KDE project the site says: Being part of the international KDE community conveys certain benefits and rights. These include:
Stand on the shoulders of giants
- Make use of KDE infrastructure for project hosting
- Benefit from the experience of the KDE sysadmins
- Get support from the larger community with development, documentation, translation, testing, bug handling, etc.
- Use opportunities to integrate with a large ecosystem of end-user products
- Create cross-pollination of ideas and innovation through interaction with teams sharing common values
Enjoy representation and support by KDE e.V.
- Participate in Akademy and other KDE events
- Be considered for financial and organizational support
- Know that your trademark can be secured
- Know that your project’s license can be defended via the Fiduciary Licensing Agreement
Increase your market visibility through the reputation of the KDE community and KDE promotion tools such as:
- pushing project announcements to the Dot and employing other KDE promotion channels
- having your project reachable through a subdomain under kde.org
- having a #kde-<projectname> IRC channel on the Freenode network
- using KDE as an umbrella brand to associate with the KDE community for communication on web sites and other channels
You can read the manifesto, benefits and principles here.